Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Wednesday, October 1, 2008

WELL WELL WELL...

Beyonce Addresses Her Fans on Her Upcoming Release, Due in Stores November 18th

"I wanted to address my fans about my upcoming album.


I have worked on this album for close to one year. I have taken the time so I can create my sound. Something that says who I am at this stage in my life. I have poured my heart and soul into it. It is my baby. It is the most time I have spent on any project since my first records as a member of Destiny's Child when I was 15 years old. I have recorded over 70 songs and have created a sound that reveals all of me. I am in a different place right now and I wanted people to see the many sides of me. The music is upbeat for the dance, fun side and it is reflective, passionate and serious for the personal side. I have taken risks here. I am not afraid and my music will explain it all. There is no label or tag on my sound. It's me and I am so excited to share it with the world on November 18."



Love,



Beyoncé




Blinkx Video: Beyonce back in Britain for MTV awards

Posted using ShareThis

beyonce

29/09/2008

The Official 2008 MTV Europe Music Awards Nominees Announced!

We’ve announced the Official 2008 MTV Europe Music Award Nominees in 7 categories – as voted by YOU!

AND we’re very excited to officially announce our first confirmed performer: the one and only Beyoncé. In advance of her eagerly anticipated new album, Beyoncé returns to the MTV Europe Music Awards for the third time where, in addition to performing, she has also been nominated in the Ultimate Urban category.







Here are the other official nominees:

Album of the Year: Alicia Keys – As I Am, Britney Spears - Blackout, Coldplay – Viva La Vida or Death And All His Friends, Duffy – Rockferry, Leona Lewis – Spirit

Headliner: Foo Fighters; Linkin Park; Metallica; The Cure; Tokio Hotel

Most Addictive Track: Coldplay – "Viva La Vida"; Duffy – "Mercy"; Katy Perry – "I Kissed a Girl"; Kid Rock – "All Summer Long"; Pink – "So What"

New Act: Duffy; Jonas Brothers; Katy Perry; Miley Cyrus; OneRepublic

Act of 2008: Amy Winehouse, Britney Spears, Coldplay, Leona Lewis, Rihanna

Ultimate Urban: Alicia Keys, Beyoncé, Chris Brown, Kanye West, Lil Wayne

Rock Out: 30 Seconds to Mars; Linkin Park; Metallica; Paramore; Slipknot


  • Home



The lights go back up for Turner's encore
  Bye bye, retirement: Tina Turner?s performance at the Grammy Awards in February launched her return to show business.
By Robert Hanashiro, USA TODAY
Bye bye, retirement: Tina Turner?s performance at the Grammy Awards in February launched her return to show business.
Tina Turner's explosive Proud Mary duet with Beyoncé at the Grammy Awards was supposed to be a one-shot celebration, not the catalyst for a world tour. But eight years into a cozy retirement, the soulful rocker is returning to the road after a groundswell clamor that began with that knockout appearance.

"I was surprised by the reaction because, to be honest, I wasn't quite ready," Turner says of her showstopping moment on the February telecast. With little prep time, she was sporting a snug silver ensemble from her 2000 tour and an unsuitable hairstyle, she says. But she couldn't resist marking the 50th anniversary of both the Grammys and her own stretch in show business.

"It was meant to be," Turner says from Kansas City, Mo., where her tour opens tonight. "It felt good to be there. People said, 'You looked better than Beyoncé.' Well, that's not possible. It's nice that young people hold me up as a model. Beyoncé is elegant and is handling her career well. A lot of new stars go overboard on sex. They're half-naked up there. My dresses were a bit short, but I stayed respectable."

Not everyone cheered Turner's triumphant comeback. Offended that Beyoncé had introduced Turner as "the queen," Aretha Franklin objected in a statement the day after the Grammys: "I am not sure of whose toes I may have stepped on or whose ego I may have bruised between the Grammy writers and Beyoncé, however, I dismissed it as a cheap shot for controversy."

Baffled Grammy producer Ken Ehrlich responded that Beyoncé made "an innocent remark (that) wasn't meant to disparage Aretha." Mathew Knowles, Beyoncé's father and manager, dubbed Franklin's reaction "childish" and "unprofessional."

She was mum at the time, but Turner now says: "Aretha has always been like that. We've always accepted that from her. She's the queen of soul, and I'm the queen of rock 'n' roll. There were so many kings and queens there that night. Her ego must be so big to think she was the only one."

Turner laughs. "That's how queens are!"

At 68, she has no time for squabbles, regrets or negative forces. It's one reason she ignored the death last year of ex-husband Ike Turner.

"It meant nothing to me," she says. "He had been dead to me for 20 years."

The couple rose to fame as a hot R&B revue in the '60s and '70s, churning out such hits as Proud Mary, Nutbush City Limits and River Deep-Mountain High. She fled the abusive marriage in 1976 and lived on food stamps until her career reignited years later.

"When I left, I really left," she says. "It was a bad dream, and when you spend 16 years in a certain lifestyle, you never want to think about it again."

What's Love Got to Do With It, the film version of her I, Tina autobiography, downplayed the horrors, she says.

"My life then was much worse. It couldn't have gotten lower. And since then, every part of my life has been a high point."

After she signed with Capitol in 1982, her career rebounded with 1984's Private Dancer, winner of four Grammys. She capped off two decades of global success as a Kennedy Center Honors recipient in 2005.

"I really felt like America honored me," she says. "That was very warming."

She found serenity in her personal life, living in Zurich and the South of France for the past 22 years with German record executive Erwin Bach. She has practiced Buddhism since the '70s.

"We all need a guide," she says. "Buddhism helps me stay positive and happy. You don't get pulled off in unhealthy directions."

Contentment also may explain Turner's youthful appearance and energy.

"I look better than I did at times in the past," she says. "Part of it may be luck of the draw. It could be good genes, but then again, as I look at my family, I have to say I'm the only one that got them."

This blissful period has her contemplating a sequel to 1986's woeful I, Tina.

"Maybe in the next few years," she says. "My head is still quite useful. I'd like for it to be really quite funny and not so depressing."

Turner won't return to the road after wrapping up her European tour next spring, but that doesn't mean she's finished singing and strutting.

"The Rolling Stones, Tina Turner, the Eagles, we are the Mozarts of these times," she says. "We're proving we can last. That's the statement I am making."



FROM THE PAGES OF THE WIG CRYPT:




Monday, September 29, 2008

And that is why urban bloggers don’t get the respect that we deserve...



Beyonceitis is over. Done. Finished. The writer of Beyonceitis has had a nervous breakdown. The last I heard of him he said "Fuck ALL of you." before going to South Africa with Dave Chappelle. They reportedly smoked some highly potent exotic African weed one night and woke up in a tree the next morning singing songs from the Dreamgirls soundtrack. He says he's never coming back. He says Fuck stans. Fuck haters. Fuck blogs, and Fuck America.

Before I continue I would like to introduce myself. My name is Tula Mae Robinson, Celebrity Photographer. You must say the whole thing like A Tribe Called Quest or A Pimp Named Slickback. You can see my lovely photo above. I took it myself. That's me giving you sexy ... doesn't it just make you moist?

I am the new owner of this blog. I am a highly respected CELEBRITY photographer. Granted, several celebrities don't like me or allow me to photograph them because in my quest to be the black Perez Hilton I make up stories based on wild unfounded rumors and my own diluted assumptions. However, the difference between me and Perez is that Perez actually has sources and inside information. The only inside sources I have are irrelevant "celebrities" that you don't care about. Despite this I am a highly respected CELEBRITY photographer. I have no interest in photographing award shows, fashion shows, or any events with A-List celebrities, mainly because I don't get a lot of invites to them, but my coverage of the "Drop It Like It's Hot Contest" at Club Bucknasty is an unparallelled piece of photographic journalism.

I am glad Beyonceitis is gone. It wasn't funny or relevant. Sites like Beyonceitis is why urban bloggers get no respect from the mainstream media. They always try tear other celebrities down just to get a laugh or visitors to their site. My loyal readers expect quality and I prefer to post subjects that bring quality hits to my site, I like to promote positivity, and I do not hate on celebrities or try to tear them down.

Now let's talk about that fake-ass, white-ass, trick-ass, phony-ass Beyonce. Granted I've never met Beyonce, and everyone I know who knows Beyonce says she's a nice lady, but I don't believe them. I can tell she's stuck up and phony. Mainly because she reminds me of the girls I went to high school with. The ones who were prettier than me, more popular than me, and more talented than me. The ones I was always afraid to talk to. She's not as hot as her stans think she is. I know this because I have 3 accounts on Beyonceworld. I'm not a member because I like her, I just go for exclusive news, I really don't care about her, but my loyal readers seem to care about her so I post about her 9 times a week, and if there's nothing to report I make shit up. Her concert was wack too. I went and saw her in Atlanta and hated it. I hated it so much I bought tickets to see her again in Miami, just to make sure I hated it, then I bought tickets to see her twice in New York, just to be extra sure that I hated the show. She's HIGHLY overrated. She's not a real singer, and by real I mean brown-skinned and slightly overweight.

Please don't call me a hater I don't hate on Beyonce. I just don't like what she represents. I don't like that she's never been arrested in a Walgreens parking lot for drug and weapons possession. I don't like that she doesn't have 57 kids and not one wedding ring. Beyonce sends the wrong message to our young girls. She teaches them that it's ok to work hard, be polite, and keep your private business to yourself. What kind of message is that to send to kids? I don't like that she made more money sitting on the toilet this morning than I made last year. but I'm not a hater. I don't hate black people. I just hate successful black people. Once you become successful you are no longer Black.

Thank you to all of my loyal readers for supporting me. Please come back tomorrow for EXCLUSIVE photos from my coverage of the CD release party for MC Short Bus and Yung Child Support Check. Also, I have EXCLUSIVE backstage coverage of the new hit urban gospel play "Your Arms are Too Short To Vogue Battle with the Lord".

Thanks for your support,

Tula Mae Robinson


No comments:

Post a Comment

As is implied and emphatically stated, this blog is in regards to the lack of talent and all that is the boring cloned puppet rihanna. If it upsets you...... TOUGH...... jaw juggle some ballz bitchez. :-) feel free to comment